Wednesday, May 16, 2018

To everyone who helped me find my mouth



A-Taste-of-Rainbow  

I found this book today and it may be meant for children
But sometimes it's good to remember that we were all childrens at one point
And there are certain people God puts in each of our lives 
To help us find our mouth (voice, purpose, life) again
Even when other people tell us our mouths are bad
Or wrong or dirty
Or that you shouldn't be here

The people who help me find my mouth
Do what alcohol does for most others
All of the sudden
I find my voice when I am around them
And I don't stop talking
Because what I say 
Is the most beautiful thing I have heard
Up to that point

And when they listen, it is like a warm hug
For my soul
And my spirit 
At the same time

I know I am loved.

girl eating while holding spoon over plate

No comments:

Post a Comment